• Welcome to the CrystalMC forum!
  • Report rule breakers here!
  • Post your suggestions here!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MEGA Server Idea Thread
Okay, I had a huge post I was writing on this when I accidentally close Chrome. I don't want to retype it so it'll be way shorter. I'll update this tomorrow with WAY more detail.
ALRIGHT. TIME TO GET **** DONE.
I'll be saving this as I finish sections so I don't lose progress again. If something doesn't look finish then give it a few minutes for me to update it.

The crates need a rehaul on their items. They were fine for awhile but after voting a couple times (My vote count for this month will be 40 after today), I've noticed I get a lot of the same items because there are only 9 items in each crate. Here's a list of things I think should be in crates.

Vote crate:
  • Put the full thorns I armor set in there
  • The iron sword is terrible. Nobody uses it. Upgrade it to a diamond sword with unbreaking I
  • XP or XP Bottles
  • Chance to get back 2 more vote keys
  • A chance to get a rare key
  • The current pickaxe should stay
  • I like the diamond block in it
  • Add a chance to get money. $250, $500 or something
  • Elytra
  • Beacons
Rare Crate:
  • Upgrade the armor set to have unbreaking on it as well as thorns
  • More XP
  • More Money ($500, $750)
  • A chance to get 3 vote keys
  • A chance to get a legendary crate key
  • Chance to get 2 rare keys
  • A chance to get 5 rare crate keys (This would have to be a very, very low percentage)
  • Maybe offer a low value donator rank for a day or something. Let people figure out if they want to donate for it
  • Add a pickaxe in this one, too
  • Fix the diamond sword from Flame II (Flame? On a sword?! Lol) to Maybe a sharpness I, fire aspect I
  • A chance to get 3 beacons
Legendary Crate
  • Care Package (Maybe add a plugin that the user can request an air drop with a chest of goodies)
  • Chance to get 2 legendary keys (low low percent)
  • An armor set: protection II, unbreaking I, thorns I
  • Add a wither star? Nobody has killed a wither yet, so they're still rare and this might be a way for people to earn them alternatively
  • Put an efficiency III, unbreaking II, fortune II pickaxe in here
  • A higher chance to get the elytra than the vote crate
  • A small chance to get a voucher to start a boss or server-wide event (more on these below)
I think that custom enchantments could be cool. Not those lame plugins that give you a tri-shot bow or machine gun bow or something. I'm talking items you can buy/find/loot from bosses or the server-wide events (again, more on these below). These items can be applied to items to give bonus effects, kind of like how an enchanted book being combined with an item in an anvil, except without the anvil, and not an enchanted book. This would be kind of a difficult plugin to make (I think I can do this in Skript), I can go more into detail if this is considered.

Add more stuff to do. The minigames are cool, but not many people are playing them yet because they're all doing their own things. We need to give people reasons to play the minigames like rewards and other items. Mob Arena is not worth my time playing because the rewards are so little (and tbh the map needs to be redone: it's way too big currently).
An addition to this, bosses, quests, and server-wide events. This server I used to play on a year or two ago used to have bandit raids in the blackmarket sewers twice every twenty four hours. One during the middle of the night (like 3-4am) when everyone is still asleep and one midday when everyone is online playing. If you participated and helped complete the objective you would get access to the loot chests that spawn, along with some money or something as a guaranteed prize. The catch for this is that it was in a PvP zone. If people didn't want you getting loot, they could kill you. You have to bring your best gear with you to defend yourself from players and the very powerful enemies you're fighting. This might be too competitive for a survival server, but we could figure out an alternative.
Bosses would be similar to this, but not in a PvP zone, and rather than having it happen daily, a player should donate to trigger the event. All players will be able to join up and help kill the monster (it needs to be ridiculously over-powered), and it will dr op better loot than the PvP event because someone has to donate to trigger the event.
Quests are pretty explanatory. Make an NPC or something that wants players to kill mobs for him. Make them a high amount so people don't finish the entire quest line in a matter of minutes. Also have an NPC that wants resources: have the player go mining. An alternative for this would be to have the custom achievement plugin give better rewards, and make the achievements harder to complete.
I am 100% willing to help build and/or develop these plugins and server areas. These are all fairly big projects, but would add so much to the server. 

I think that with the current server economy, we need a server shop. Nothing extravagant, but something where we can sell basic items like blocks as a source of steady income. I'm struggling to keep enough money in my balance to still allow people to sell me their items because the Jobs pay so little. A new way to earn money is greatly needed.

The spawn needs a makeover. With the server growing, the spawn should have more to do in it. Make a crafting section. Make a low level enchantment area. Add an area for the Quest NPCs. The server shop (if this gets added) needs a place to. Make a larger and way cooler area for the crates to be housed in.
Again, I am willing to assist with these.

I'm not sure how the server is doing as far as advertisements go, but in order to get us more players and expand the server, maybe purchase slots on a server site that'll get us some attraction. I know that some sites, with a top advertisement slot, get upwards of 40+ players in just the first few minutes of the advertisement going live. We of course wont need the top slow, but the bottom of these advertisement slots could give the player base a good boost.

Advertisment:

-A youtube trailer we could link to that shows what the server is about, perks for donation, different quests and boss fights (if they are implemented), and the  worlds(mingames, vanilla, as well as the main custom world)
-A twitter or other social media account that posts updates on the server and reaches out to other players
-Streaming, like on twitch or youtube, so people can watch in realtime what the server is like and how the community interacts

Spawn ideas:

I agree, if the server continues to grow at this rate we are going to need a new or updated spawn.
-Mob area, not like MobArena. A, probably small, area that has spawners that spawn skelies, zombies, and other agressive mobs. This could also be an area that spawns passive mobs such as pigs, sheep, and cows.
-A crafting/enchanting area with low level enchantments and also anvils
-A help center where a player can ask questions and it imedatly goes to staff online or to staffs inbox.
-A place where players can give suggestions

Discord:

Right now the server discord is semi-private and i believe it should stay that way but what about another server discord that is linked to in minecraft so every player can join.
-A general chat 
-Server ideas chat
-A report/problems chat
-Moderators 
-A music channel
-A rankup system 

More Stuff to do:

There's this server I played on that had a werewolf plugin with different clans of werewolves and they had to fight and you could put bounties on people. They also mentioned a plugin like that but it was vampires.

(07-27-2017, 01:01 PM)McFrizzle Wrote: Advertisment:

-A youtube trailer we could link to that shows what the server is about, perks for donation, different quests and boss fights (if they are implemented), and the  worlds(mingames, vanilla, as well as the main custom world)
-A twitter or other social media account that posts updates on the server and reaches out to other players
-Streaming, like on twitch or youtube, so people can watch in realtime what the server is like and how the community interacts

Spawn ideas:

I agree, if the server continues to grow at this rate we are going to need a new or updated spawn.
-Mob area, not like MobArena. A, probably small, area that has spawners that spawn skelies, zombies, and other agressive mobs. This could also be an area that spawns passive mobs such as pigs, sheep, and cows.
-A crafting/enchanting area with low level enchantments and also anvils
-A help center where a player can ask questions and it imedatly goes to staff online or to staffs inbox.
-A place where players can give suggestions

Discord:

Right now the server discord is semi-private and i believe it should stay that way but what about another server discord that is linked to in minecraft so every player can join.
-A general chat 
-Server ideas chat
-A report/problems chat
-Moderators 
-A music channel
-A rankup system 

More Stuff to do:

There's this server I played on that had a werewolf plugin with different clans of werewolves and they had to fight and you could put bounties on people. They also mentioned a plugin like that but it was vampires.

I thought about the separate DIscord server but haven't brought it up yet. I think the one we have now can be a staff server (So non-staff would have to be kicked) and regular players can all join in and chat with others.

A trailer is doable. My brother has a version of Sony Vegas Pro so I could ask him to edit some footage of the server.
I've streamed a few times on the server but nobody has joined so I kind of stopped. I don't have a large Twitch or Youtube account so starting off is difficult.

As for the mob areas, I'm sure we could add something like this that wont make gameplay too easy. I'll look into it. The enchanting station is something I had in mind; I forgot to add it to the post.

Help and suggestions should be handled by plugins. A physical system would be difficult to hand I think.

Payed slots have the possibility of getting hundreds of players, and currently the max the server can handle at a time is 15-20 players
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth" - JFK

(07-28-2017, 12:13 AM)TheBlueKyanite Wrote: Payed slots have the possibility of getting hundreds of players, and currently the max the server can handle at a time is 15-20 players

Didn't take that into consideration.

Anyone have any major gameplay enhancements they want added, so I can work on that?
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth" - JFK